The Monaco GP limited edition models are big on personality. On Mégane Coupé, the front end with its sleekly drawn headlights and large air intake expresses a resolutely forward-moving style, while the rear end features a broad shoulder line. The sporting credentials of the line are emphasized by classic styling, rigorous proportions and a harmonious whole.
◦ The pearlescent white paint developed specially for these models underlines their exclusive air.
◦ The dynamic and powerful design is accentuated by Etoilé black body components (including the side mirrors, rear diffuser and fog-lamp surrounds), black headlight masks and “Monaco GP” badge work on the sides.
Everything inside the two new models expresses build quality, stylish sportiness and a
passenger-centric approach. Originality is boosted by:
◦ Pearlescent white cabin details (console, strip, door handles),
◦ “Monaco GP” stitching on the seats, a numbered plate and “Monaco GP” protective mats.
Athletic and reassuring roadholding
Both models feature the very best in technology for unrivalled efficiency and peace of mind, with a precise course regardless of grip conditions thanks to ESP, together with bi-xenon directional headlights and latest-generation dual-chamber airbags.
The chassis was specially designed to bring drivers optimal control and driving thrills, with no detriment to comfort. The Monaco GP models are concentrates of agile handling, dynamism and precision. These qualities are further emphasized on the R.S. version, which is fitted with an independent pivot arm on the front axle for pure motoring pleasure. The vehicle course is precise and reassuring whatever the grip conditions, whether on track or in town.
Two Mégane Coupé versions
The Mégane Coupé Monaco GP limited editions features all the equipment of the Dynamique trim model plus:
– 17-inch Celsium gloss black rims
– GT/GT line front and rear bumpers
– Fabric/TEP upholstery with Monaco GP stitching
– Rear parking assist
– Power-folding side mirrors
Five engines are on offer:
– The dCi 110 EDC provides optimized torque and power levels and the best fuel
economy/driving thrills combination on the market. The six speeds of the exceptionally smooth EDC gearbox are controlled automatically or manually. Double clutch and twin mass engine flywheel technology ensure fast and imperceptible gear changes.
– The dCi 130, astonishingly powerful and silent, uses the best in dCi combustion and turbo technology and emits just 130 g/km of CO2.
– The dCi 160 brings drivers a top-level balance of performance and fuel consumption and is impressively silent in operation.
– The Tce 130 benefits from the latest advances in downsizing, enabling a 1.4-liter powerplant to boast the torque of a 2 liter and the power of a 1.8 liter.
– The Tce 180 is exceptionally responsive while offering a gradual increase in available torque, for spritely acceleration from the lowest engine speeds.
Mégane Renault Sport Monaco GP limited edition features all the equipment of the R.S.
– 18-inch Keza gloss black rims
– Leather upholstery with an electrically-controlled heated driver’s seat enhanced with Monaco GP stitching.
– Gray overstitching on the steering wheel and gearstick handle.
Main options for this version: Bose Sound System, Cup chassis with limited slip differential, 19-inch diamond-effect STEEV rims.
One engine on offer: 2.0 16V turbo, 250 hp.
A new edition of Laguna Coupé Monaco GP
In response to the success of Laguna Coupé Monaco GP limited edition, a new version is set for launch in the spring. It will retain the exclusive pearlescent white body paint but also come in pearlescent black.
Five engines available, depending on the country:
– 2.0T 205 hp.
– 2.0T 170 hp, auto box
– 2.0 dCi 150
– 2.0 dCi 180
– 2.0 dCi 175, auto box
The wealth of equipment and comfort features rivals the car’s elegance and sportiness:
In all countries:
o 18-inch Interlagos Chrome Shadow rims
o Fabric/TEP upholstery with Monaco GP electropatch
o Rear parking assist
o NFA Live Navigation system
In some countries:
o 4 Control (4RD)
o Bose Sound System
o Leather seats with Monaco GP stitching
o Hands-free card
o Power-folding side mirrors